[mythtv] Fix for Firewire Recording Endless Errors Warning: No Input in xxx msec

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 9 16:24:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 10:55:19AM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> we had 3 cable boxes, the total fees we paid for them was just under
> $35/mo, with the Ceton we were able to return all three, and the first
> cablecard is free. I paid $200 for the Ceton. I was also able to give
> my dad my HDPVR which we no longer required because Comcast fixed the
> channels that should have been "copy freely" but were set incorrectly,
> but they only were able to do that because of the pushback from
> Ceton/HDHRPrime owners. My parents have TimeWarner which refuses to
> set to anything other than Copy Once/Never.
>
> If you're able to get channels over firewire you should also be able
> to receive them with a Ceton/HDHRPrime, and with none of the hassle.
> The added tuners is a bonus as well.

That depends on your cable company.

I can receive some things over firewire from my STB, but everything is
encrypted on the cable with no exceptions at all.

This being Canada, there is no cablecard, and there is no requirement
for keep local broadcast channels unencrypted on cable.  Rather annoying.

--
Len Sorense