[mythtv] hello and question

Peter Hoopes phoopes at standrews-de.org
Wed Dec 19 17:10:48 UTC 2012

Hello MythTv dev's,

	First, I wanted to thank you all for the work you do. I love where MythTV
is going. We use it here at an independent school for capturing and
distributing video to several classrooms, laptops, and for video storage.
It works really well.

	I suspect this isn't the right forum, but I'm hoping one of you can point
me in the right direction. I'd like to implement a number of MythTV
Frontends across campus, but I would /really like/ to disable the RECORD
option. Unlike a person's house where they would normally want that
functionality at every station, I just want a host of playback (either
live or recorded) stations, as I'm afraid we're going to overload our
backend with recording by students (boarding school) and/or delete things.

	It is possible to have a Frontend with that option disabled? Again, I
figure I'm not in the right place - any pointers to another mail list or
developer would be great.

Thanks,

Peter Hoopes
Director of Technology