[mythtv] FFmpeg resync

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 14:24:59 UTC 2012

On Thursday 20 Dec 2012 01:05:44 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 December 2012, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > On Monday 17 Dec 2012 16:09:53 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Please note that the merge has now been done.
> > > master is now using ffmpeg release/1.0 stable branch
> >
> > This appears to have broken DVD playback, I get audio stuttering and no
> > video.
> > I'm still bisecting to be absolutely certain but if I go back before the
> > merge
> > playback works and as of last night it was broken. There aren't many other
> > candidates except the resync.
>
> If you could provide more details... Logs etc.. Is this with all DVDs?

All DVDs. I spent most of last night looking through logs and there's nothing
to give a clue there, they appear normal, no errors - it finds the video
stream, selects it, appears to be decoding it but no frames are rendered -
just a blank screen with audio. Same applies whether using ffmpeg/opengl or
vdpau.

Recordings play just fine.

I can provide logs once I've finished recompiling.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV