[mythtv] FFmpeg resync

David Osguthorpe david.osguthorpe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:42:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 06:39:20PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 15 December 2012 10:00, David Osguthorpe <david.osguthorpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > the error came from the ffmpeg function ffio_limit in libavformat/utils.c
> > "Truncating packet of size..."
> >
> > further exploration showed that the libav version of ffmpeg does not
> > include this ffio_limit change (This is ubuntu 12.04)
>
> do you have a ffmpeg changeset I can refer to ?

from the mythtv error messages Im suspicious that the seeking around
in commerical flagging is somehow messing with the end of file detection
this ffmpeg code seems to be using - the errors suggest the commercial
detector is reading data that ffmpeg with the ffio_limit function
claims is past EOF

David