[mythtv] Thanks for the clang coverage

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:17:49 UTC 2012

Thanks to Daniel K (I think it was Daniel K) for adding clang to the buildbots.
clang has its issues, but its coverage is different from gcc/icc (catching
some things gcc/icc miss, and missing some things they catch).  I know
this is a "behinds the scenes" thing, but from my perspective the adding
of icc, coverity, and clang coverage is an item worth noting in the release
notes (along with the active elimination of warnings) under, perhaps, a
title of "improved code quality".  It is real effort to clean up all
the warnings,
and it should not go under-appreciated.

Gary