[mythtv] HELP: CentOS 6.3 install "MYTH_PROTO_VERSION wasempty."

gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Mon Dec 10 21:44:21 UTC 2012

Running head here on Centos 6.3 without issues.
On my old system, this error generally meant that the tuner card had
crashed. Myth appears to be missing a timeout and error....
from what I see, if my tuner has crashed/hung, when mythbackend starts, it
prints out it is starting etc., and then the only indication that it isn't
working is that it /doesn't/ print that it is starting housekeeping.
Try testing your tuner using mplayer or something to check.