[mythtv] Icon maps and mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 6 16:03:17 UTC 2012

On 12/06/2012 09:40 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> mythfilldatabase currently advertises various arguments relating to 'icon maps'
> but this code appears to be non-functional. I suspect that it hasn't been used
> for a very long time and has been replaced by the 'crowd sourced' Icon
> Downloader in mythtv-setup.
>
> Anyone want to speak up for it before I remove it?

Yes, that's something I've been meaning to do (after looking into it a
bit more), but I'm pretty sure you're correct.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/contrib/icons
and, especially
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/contrib/icons/master_iconmap/README
"This channel_icons.pl script replaces all previous master iconmap
handling..."

Mike