[mythtv] Myth Services API Version Numbers

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:59:12 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Wed Aug 15, 2012 at 11:52:59AM -0400, Daniel Frey wrote:
> > How are the myth services api wsdl version numbers generated?
>
> The version numbers are in the source files in
> mythtv/libs/libmythservicecontracts/services and are normally
> updated when the API changes but I think there were some times
> during the initial development when they weren't.
>
> > How do they relate to the version of mythtv running on the backend?
>
> There is nothing to tie the MythTV version to a specific API
> version, for example, the current version in contentServices.h
> is 1.32.
>
> --
> Chris

Thanks.  We were trying see if there was a good way to version API for the
Java implementation that we are building.  For instance, we didn't want to
expose services to the a Android App if newer APIs are available in .26,
for instance, to someone running a .25 backend.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>