[mythtv] MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:41:51 UTC 2012

I just wanted to check with the mythtv devs before we proceed any further
with the android app.

I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV name
or possibly any image likenesses.

We are closing in on an initial beta release and I didn't want to overstep
our bounds before we actually put it out in the Play Market.

I would also like to mention that it is our goal to be the officially
endorsed MythTV Android client.  Our code is all open source and licensed
under the GPL.  It is hosted on github and we are willing to transfer the
repositories under the main mythtv repository if you so desire.

One note on our repository. Recently, the code was split into 2 projects,
so there is now a java client for accessing the Myth Services API, which is
separate from the app.  The app uses it as a client.

Thank you,
Dan Frey, John Baab, Tom Kenny, Sebastien Astie