[mythtv] Expiry problem

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Tue Apr 17 23:10:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been running a recent 0.25 pre-release(*) and have run into
problems with expiry. What happens is that the disk fills up, the expiry
thread runs, deletes the entry from the database, but does not delete
the actual files containing the recording. Since the disk is still full,
it goes ahead and deletes the next show and in a short space of time
there is a full disk, and all programs which allow auto expire have been
deleted from the DB. I recover the DB from backup and manually delete
files which have been recorded since the backup, but obviously it is
annoying to have to do this.

Possibly relevant is that a) I have a separate master and slave backend
and b) am using NFS for the storage. The logs don't show anything
interesting. Mythtv *thinks* it is doing the right thing. There are
messages about expiring recordings, but nothing to do with failing to
delete a file.

I'd appreciate any clues about what could cause this or how to debug it.

* I've upgraded again but it is too early to tell if the problem is
still there.

--
Ian Dall <ian at beware.dropbear.id.au>