[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 14:33:21 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 28 Sep 2011 13:35:59 Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I have a script that starts the frontend upon booting the
> machine/resuming from sleep and as soon as the frontend quits the
> machine goes to sleep again. So normally when we finish watching the
> MythTV we quit the frontend manually and then the machine falls asleep
> (and then the backend goes to sleep as well automatically because there
> are no frontends connected - that's an old and very useful feature of
> mythbackend).

Would allowing a script to be run when the frontend goes idle work? That would
seem to be much more flexible than a frontend quit option. It would allow you
to put the frontend machine to sleep without first exiting the frontend and of
course the frontend would be running when you resume from sleep.
--
Stuart Morgan