[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Tue Sep 27 01:47:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 08:44:59PM +0200, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> Right now I'm only working on allowing the backend to shutdown (or sleep if so
> configured) if frontends are idle, thus removing the need to use workarounds
> such as mythwelcome. Having the backend handle sleep better isn't something I
> plan on working on at this time.

Just to make sure:
Currently, is there an API in mythbackend to tell it 'please write your next
wakeup time to the RTC clock and shut the machine down if you aren't busy
with backend jobs right now' ?

If not, is that easy to add?
(there are plenty of reasons why it would be convenient to just shut the
machine down, but I don't think there is a way to do that while having the
backend update the RTC wakeup clock)

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....