[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle
Lawrence Rust
lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 19:07:05 UTC 2011
On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 19:53 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Monday 26 Sep 2011 20:44:59 Lawrence Rust wrote:
> > I have found that some dvb cards from various kernel versions require
> > re-opening in mythbackend after recovery from S3. This is certainly
> > true of the Nova-S and tbs6981 with kernels from 2.6.36 thru 3.0. It's
> > especially important if some dvb modules have to be unloaded for
> > suspend. Does this patch cater for that? At present I use an ACPI
> > script to restart the backend which is clumsy.
>
> Right now I'm only working on allowing the backend to shutdown (or sleep if so
> configured) if frontends are idle, thus removing the need to use workarounds
> such as mythwelcome. Having the backend handle sleep better isn't something I
> plan on working on at this time.
OK, I'll await the patches with interest. As necessity is the mother of
invention, perhaps I can do something to workaround the recovery issues.
--
Lawrence
More information about the mythtv-dev
mailing list