[mythtv] RFE: Allowing backend to trigger S3 sleep while frontend is connected and idle

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Sep 26 17:49:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 05:55:49PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Monday 26 Sep 2011 09:39:36 Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > I would like to propose (without code, sorry, but hopefully I'll inspire
> > someone), to do this:
> > - mythtvbackend keeps track if connected frontends are playing or idle
> > - if frontends are idle, a setting would allow the backend to go to sleep.
>
> I have patches to do exactly this which will be committed before the release
> of 0.25.

You totally rule, thank you :)
(by the way, I hope that a player that's active but paused longer than X
seconds can be considered idle, that's my most common use case: I pause a
show, leave, and would like my htpc to suspend to RAM and resume playing
from the same location when I come back)

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/