[mythtv] Feature: Multiple "mark as watched"

Christian Szpilfogel chriszpml at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 02:38:41 UTC 2011

On 16/09/2011 6:33 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:01:55 +0100, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>  From the frontend startup you can pick which users(!) are watching, this
>> should also ideally be available from the recordings screen via the menu
>> button. (You would likely need to set a primary and passive users - more
>> of this later)
> Personally, I think that is just making things way too complex on the
> user.  At some point, you're going to make it take more time to manage who
> is actually in the room watching at any given moment to set the watched
> flag, than to just have those secondary users mark themselves as watched on
> their own time.  Automation is only useful when it's making you do less
> work.

I tend to agree. The way I separate things now between users in our
household is with Recording Groups. Of course today it means we have to
have a convention to agree when everyone has watched something (which is
faulty).

It might make sense to allow multiple recording groups to be added to a
recording where each recording group is a person or a community of
interest. When all recording groups have deleted a show then the show
itself is deleted.

Usually we know when we set a recording who will want to watch it. So
you could simply add all interested recording groups at that point. If
it changes later than you would just modify the included recording groups.