[mythtv] Trailing spaces in callsigns

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 01:58:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 09/15/2011 12:15 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> the
> >> Would it not be easier in the long term to trim the whitespace at the
> time
> >> the
> >> callsign is inserted into the database instead of all the places that
> it's
> >> read back from the database?
> >>
> >> A one-off DB update could address the existing instances of
> >> trailing/leading
> >> whitespace.
>
> Ah, yeah, I misread it thinking he was asking about fixing the callsigns
> in the editors so they're put in the database correctly.  But, yeah, I
> agree it should be fixed upon insert--meaning we only need a fix for the
> 4 channel editors (mythtv-setup, frontend, MythWeb, and HTTP setup).

I started looking at mythtv-setup, channeleditor.cpp to be specific.  I see
where it reads the DB and populates the UI with the channel info, but I
don't see how edited info gets back into the DB.  Background: lots of C++
experience, not so much with QT, some DB work, enough to puzzle my way
through understanding a query.

-Jerry