[mythtv] Build error on Fedora 16

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:42:47 UTC 2011

Ok, as I mentioned I'm not a c programmer so bear with me.

I've done some research into the issue and I *THINK* I know what's
wrong, but for the life of my (if I'm right) I don't know why the
builds for F14 and F15 work.

The function(?) gluErrorString is defined in /usr/include/GL/glu.h but
I can not find a "-I/usr/include/GL" anywhere in the build log.

In configure there's this excerpt:

if enabled x11; then
    check_libx gl_lib GL/gl.h glBegin -lGL || check_libx gl_lib
GL/gl.h glBegin -lopengl32 || disable opengl
    check_libx glu_lib GL/glu.h gluBeginSurface -lGLU || disable opengl
fi

but it looks like this is only responsible for adding the library (-lGLU)

Additionally the only reference to glu.h in the entire source tree is
in the above snippet. Please refer back to line #1 of this email
before I make this statement. (In other words, be nice to me! :)

Wouldn't there need to be an #include <glu.h> or <GL/glu.h> in
mythrender_opengl.h (or some other file)?

Thanks,
Richard