[mythtv] Trailing spaces in callsigns

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 03:29:13 UTC 2011

I have a patch finished which trims callsign, channel number, and channel
name in libmythtv/channelsettings.cpp, libmythtv/channelutil.cpp,
libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp, and in mythweb in modules/tv/set_channels.php.  I've
verified the changes work correctly in the mythtv-setup channel editor, when
using 'e' in the program guide, and in mythweb.

It seems like there's an extra place in the code that modifies the channel
table which doesn't have a corresponding channel editor I was able to find.
 Also, I found two more places in the code, in mythfilldatabase and in
libmythtv/datadirect.cpp, which update the channel table.  I wasn't sure if
these places should trim as well.  They are currently unmodified.

Tomorrow I'll update the ticket with my patch as it is now.  If I get any
input from the devs before then, I'm happy to make changes.

-Jerry