[mythtv] Trailing spaces in callsigns

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:01:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>
 wrote:

> I assume this is for the channel editor in mythtv-setup.
>  Run mythtv-setup
>  Select on "Channel Editor"
>  Select on one of channels
>  The Callsign should be third down from the top in the left column.
>
> There is a channel editor in the frontend
>  Enter LiveTV
>  Hit the EDIT key, usually "E"
>  Callsign will be the top text entry box
> If you want to know how that is saved, it is via the "SET_CHANNEL_INFO"
> command. ctx->recorder->SetChannelInfo() in tv_play.cpp eventually makes
> its way to TVRec::SetChannelInfo() in tv_rec.cpp, so you just need to
> add .trimmed() to the update there.

Near the start of this thread, Mike Dean originally mentioned four channel
editors in myth that he thought should have this change:

>Yes.  It would be much appreciated.  Should be able to just use
>QString::trimmed() or QString::simplified()--the challenge is finding
>all the places to use it (ideally would fix the mythtv-setup, frontend,
>and MythWeb channel editors, and bonus points if you also fix the HTTP
>setup channel editor.  And feel free to do the same for channel name,
>too, if you don't mind.

I have the first three modified (mythtv-setup, frontend, and mythweb).  I
just don't know what the HTTP setup channel editor is.

Thanks,
Jerry