[mythtv] [Q]: EIT giving overlapping time slots

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:30:52 UTC 2011

On 30/09/2011 15:39, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On 09/30/11 18:26, Emmanuel wrote:
>> The question is not silly so I hope my answer wont be either ;-)
>> In fact its not a standard EIT, it is a proprietary one that I have to
>> decode myself. The good thing is that it is long term EIT (up to 8 days
>> IIRC), moreover no grabber that I know of has these channels correctly.
>> So instead of having no data, I have bad data, I guess it is still worth
>> it though.
>> I also made a patch for mythtv to collect this by plugging my decoder
>> into active scanning, it worked well but prevented my backend from
>> sleeping. Also it is on one TP so you cant really do passive scanning as
>> if you are unlucky (which has happened to me) you dont collect data for
>> a long period of time (some other hacks can be done to fix that) so
>> finally I decided to run it when mythtv goes to sleep and use mythfillDB.
> it was mentioned that myth might gain the ability to gather EIT data
> from a fixed transponder. but it has never been implemented. i really
> should have a go so that i can add the sky epg data source
Well then as I already tried it (it was mostly a hack though) you need
to be careful to one thing: if you can gather the full eit for several
days in one go (even its on several transponders) then you can do it
once depending on backend activity and be done with it for, say, one
day. This would enable an "active scanning" but allowing the backend to
sleep, as active eit scanning, at least last time I looked, keep the
backend alive 24/7.
HTH
Bye
Manu