[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: e090e9969 by Mark Kendall (mark-kendall)

Martin Ellis malard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 12:00:19 UTC 2011

I do mean interconnected physically, CEC is on a dedicated wire on the
HDMI cable, so it allows vendors to at least maintain routing
trivially

This design has been around since the time of SCART via AV.link, it
actually makes a lot of sense, in that it simply just works,
especially if you have a mixture of supported and non support devices
on the network

For instance

TV --- AMP --- Blu-Ray

Where the AMP is not CEC compatible, you can still get the TV to
control the Blu-Ray player without being reliant on having all steps
passing CEC data. Then you get onto things like HDMI Splitters etc and
the problem would just get worse and worse

I am personally comfortable with the way CEC was developed, regardless
of how it you might like it, that is the standard, its been widely
adopted by the A/V industry and we have to work within those bounds :)