[mythtv] (MacOS X port) Apple TV remote support for 2.3 and others (Ticket 6422) - compile errors / runtime white screen

Emlyn Bolton emlyn.bolton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 21:19:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-11-04, at 12:12 AM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

> On 04/11/2011, at 2:44 AM, Emlyn Bolton wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Thanks for merging the changes up to HEAD. I backported the fix to 0.24.1 locally and it works for the remote.
>

> Emlyn, thanks for your patience, and for testing!
>

> Any chance of a clean diff for AppleRemote.cpp and AppleRemote.h, so I can safely(?) backport to 0.24.1

Well, if it was worth backporting - I'd get one done for you.

During my testing, it turns out that the openGL renderer is utterly broken on the appleTV for 0.24.1+ and I've not got the time to investigate. The logging plugin is not built so I can't even get playback logging and getting the application bundle to work on the aTV is a bit of an art - as the FFmpeg stuff doesn't get built with the paths set to the bundle - it expects to use /usr/local.

If / when I move up to 0.25 then I guess I'll give it another go.