[mythtv] Android companion application for Mythweb / API for Mythweb

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:19:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM, thomas strandenaes <thostr at yahoo.no> wrote:

> Would be very happy to receive feedback on my plans and thoughts. If there are other similar APIs or ongoing projects, I would also like to know about these.

Perhaps the new MythXML can give you something useful?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MythXML  It has been re-written
for 0.25 and can provide XML, JSON and another output I understand.

Also, I wrote a mythweb 'plugin' to expose the 0.23 MythXML 'API'
through my webserver.  It still works for me on 0.24.  I use this for
a little Android app I wrote to show me what recordings I have.  I
always planned to expand it into a little client in it's own right,
but never seem to find the time.
https://sites.google.com/a/thewhytehouse.org/mythtv/modification/mythxmlmoduleformythweb

Good luck,

Cheers,