[mythtv] A need for advanced player settings

Kyle Rose krose at krose.org
Tue May 31 17:48:44 UTC 2011

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/480789#480789

This is one of the first emails I found when searching for a solution
to this problem. While the problem I am seeing is likely to be a
variant of cause #1, the "solution" of disabling VDPAU decoding is not
possible with 1080p h.264 content on an Atom system, while my own
solution of increasing the size of the ring buffer demonstrably works.
So I would not cite without comment this email as the complete,
authoritative list of potential causes and solutions.