[mythtv] mce remote?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 16 14:26:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 09:10:06AM -0400, Greg wrote:
>     Could someone please suggest a mce remote that is known to work with
> Ubuntu 10.10? I have several remotes,that used to work,but now only half
> the keys seem to work..I have sent way to much time trying to get a
> remote to work..
>
>     I have seen many remotes advertised as mce remotes,but whether they
> actually work in Ubuntu 10.10 is unknown....
>
> Here is the list of non working remotes I have tried:
>
> Streamzap, a few keys work,but most don't..I have tried every suggestion
> on the net,but it's a no go.. Snapstream firefly..Can't get to do
> anything (works in windows)
> Serial receiver with an all4 one remote....
> Several learning remotes trying to map key presses from a wireless
> keyboard (Logiteck,Microsoft)...
>
> Any help or suggestion will be appreciated....

Well I recently moved from 2.6.32 to 2.6.37 kernel, and now the remote
is handled by the input layer rather than lirc.  Many of my buttons
don't currently work with mythtv, so I suspect I have to go and update
the configuration to use new event names or something like that.  I just
haven't had time to look at it on my system yet.

--
Len Sorensen