[mythtv] API Framework has been committed (May break existing users of mythXML).

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Mar 10 19:46:52 UTC 2011

now that i reread what you said:
> Methods default to responding to GET requests, however some have been
> configured to respond only to POST.
>  (i.e. PutSetting will only work if called with a POST)  Any method that
> modifies files/data should be limited to POST requests.  This is done in the
> service class definition.
i see that they are
the "any method that modifies files/data should be limited to POST
request" did not ring the right bell in my head. if you had said "is"
instead of "should be" i would have got it.

but my question about the names of the methods still stands. i.e.

GetSetting/PutSetting vs settings with GET and POST