[mythtv] Linux to MacOSX cross compilation

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 21:44:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 09:54 -0800, Emlyn Bolton wrote:
[snip]

> Just used the updated version (git repo) to sucessfully build the
> tools.

Good news.

>   I removed ccache (I've had problems with that in the past).  Also, I
> noticed you changed the default xcode tools to 2.2.1.

You can use any available version of XCode tools including the latest
3.2.2.  Defaulting to the oldest means the later APIs are absent and
better tests compatibility.

>  Now onto the build of 0.24/fixes and then see if this will actually
> work on my ATV!  That is the goal for me....  I can't build on 10.6
> for 10.4...

I was of the opinion that Apple provided the old SDKs just for this very
purpose.  Why doesn't the current packager leverage this facility?

> Thanks for the updates!

One last update includes command line switching between 10.4, 10.5 and
10.6:

mkodcctools -4 => 10.4
mkodcctools -5 => 10.5
mkodcctools -6 => 10.6

Also added parallel make of gcc.  This version also supports later Apple
gcc's (upto gcc5493).  No gcc 4.2.1 yet, but I'm working on it.

New script & patches (for Qt with 10.6) available from here:
git clone http://www.softsystem.co.uk/git/mythbuilder.git

-- Lawrence