[mythtv] Handling independent CI devices

Issa Gorissen flop.m at usa.net
Tue Mar 1 15:45:53 UTC 2011

------ Original Message ------
From: Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
To: Development of MythTV <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Handling independent CI devices

> On 3/1/2011 07:14, Issa Gorissen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Support for the CI on Digital Devices under linux is put on hold because
no
> > solution has been aggreed on as of 17/01/2001. This is about independent
CI
> > devices handling.
> >
> > <http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg22196.html>
> > <http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxtv-commits@linuxtv.org/msg09640.html>
> >

> > As the needed changes will have an impact on softwares like
> > MythtTV/VDR/TVHeadend, I would like to know your opinions/views about how
you
> > see this implemented and what are your expectations.
>
> MythTV only supports integrated hardware CAMs.  MythTV must be able to
> pull a decrypted video stream straight from the tuner card.

The card comes with 2 tuners (CineS2 / DuoFlex S2 / Satix S2) and there are
version with 4 tuners. The CI is really independent and has such, the working
schema will have to be expanded.

With this hardware, it would be possible to decrypt several services from
several transponders (tuners).

Also, this CI would allow one to decrypt services with a card not design to
support a CI addon.

So, is your comment a definite no on this topic, or is there room for talks ?