[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 45cfaa7a8 by Chris Pinkham (cpinkham)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jun 27 13:34:49 UTC 2011

* On Mon Jun 27, 2011 at 11:53:25AM +0200, warpme wrote:
> By observation  - this issue looks to me like races problem.
> Dialog without background is random: sometimes 5 playback starts has all OK, sometimes every try has issue.
> Maybe this commit is not root cause ?
> I'm using 850ae1e with reverted commit since Yesterday on 3 FE - so far no single issue with background nor hang UI exiting Videos.

Can you try a simple mod to that patch?

Change the

    (!filename.startsWith("/"))

    (filename.startsWith("myth://") || filename.startsWith("http://"))

I believe we do load some files using relative filenames, so it may be
an issue with that somehow, although I don't see why they'd have an issue
only being exposed because we're loading some things faster by not blocking
the UI while looking up the last modified date on remote files.

--
Chris