[mythtv] Trunk MFE crash - bt attached

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:24:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Watching an OTA 1080i recording, it crashes MFE multiple times
> throughout the recording, I managed to catch the timestamp of one of
> them, and can reproduce at will.

Please open a ticket, and supply a short recording that triggers the issue.

> I ran it with -v important,playback and there is nothing in the log, I
> can rerun with different params if necessary. Unfortunately the file
> is 49G so it would be difficult to post...

Are you expecting that setting verbose options will redirect to a
file?  You need to do that part yourself.  Surely you're not saying
that a single run of Mythfrontend's log is 49 GB?  (In which case it
sounds like many logs appended at the end of one another).  Just run
the frontend with the -l /path/to/logfile.log argument to create a new
log file.

Robert