[mythtv] Support for upcoming VDPAU on AMD and Myth Player

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 00:30:02 UTC 2011

On 9 June 2011 05:42, Greg <dargllun at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> VDPAU is an API. Yes - NVidia wrote it but you can't do anything
>> nvidia specific. You're either working with the API or you're not.
>
> Ok, I don't know what happened but when I tried to reproduce the issue
> it seems to be gone. Meaning MythTV doesn't really complain about my
> Gallium VDPAU anymore! However, output is rather jerky. Since it plays
> fine in mplayer -vo vdpau, I thought I show you guys the -v
> none,playback log. Perhaps you can spot anything suspicious.
>
> I'm trying to play an mpeg2 dvb-t recording (HD won't be supported by
> this vdpau implementation for now anyways). I didn't configure a
> deinterlacer.

The most obvious 'issue' from that log is that it is using software
decode. I couldn't find any detail on the video-pipe branch so I don't
know whether it should be using the gpu for decoding or not.

Other than that, there's little of note in the logs (using straight
'-v playback' would give a more useful log) and certainly no hint as
to why the peformance isn't great.

regards

Mark