[mythtv] Support for upcoming VDPAU on AMD and Myth Player

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:02:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

I asked the following on mythtv-users the other day, but perhaps the
question really is one for the devs.

The pipe-video branch [1] in Mesa brings VDPAU Support to r600/Gallium3D
hardware. I was actually able to try it with some help from the main dev
for this, and could successfully run "mplayer -v vdpau <MPEG>". No
further modifications to the mplayer where needed.

Now, how would I go about trying this for MythTV's internal player? I
did select VDPAU but it's not working that way. Apparently some nvidia
specific library is attempted to be loaded, which obviously doesn't
work. Is it possible to have the internal player omit any nvidia
proprietary extensions/additions and just use plain VDPAU like mplayer does?

Thanks for any hint or insight.

Greg

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/?h=pipe-video