[mythtv] Ticket #9949: Mythfrontend segfault after finding mainmenu.xml

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:33:04 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]
On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:04 PM
To: Development of MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Ticket #9949: Mythfrontend segfault after finding

On 07/27/2011 11:33 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
>> The trace was done with a debug version of myth but the installed
dependencies all are release builds.
>> Let me rebuild what I can with debug and get a new one.
> This wouldn't be the deps, it would be myth itself-- something is off 
> here as the line numbers are not present.

Perhaps http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Gentoo_ebuilds .  IIRC, simply
using USE="debug" isn't enough (because the ebuild strips binaries and libs
on install, even after the build leaves them in place).

(And feel free to expand that section with a bit more explanation if you
like--so even I could understand what's actually happening.  :)


Yeah, I realized that after I sent my email, since the binaries are stripped
unless you use nostrip or splitdebug.
I'm getting some info now after rebuilding glibc and a few other items that
were referenced in the debug, waiting on myth to finish building to get a
new report.


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list