[mythtv] MHEG BBC iPlayer

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 14:43:30 UTC 2011

On 22/07/2011 11:49, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> I take it that you're building for 64-bit? The error message is
> related to casting a 64-bit pointer to a 32-bit int for log output.
> I'll amend the code to use a 64-bit compatible type. Actually, I
> believe that the compiler is wrong to emit an error here. A warning is
> acceptable, but the code includes an explicit cast from pointer to int
> which the compiler should honour. Are you using additional compiler
> warning options?
I am building for 64 bit, and as far as I know I'm not using any odd
compiler options. Just so i can check, what option would it likely be
thats causing this

> OK, I've fixed the patch.  Try re-downloading and building.
>
> Thanks for your feedback.

Just tried building again and got a similar error:

mhi.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool MHIContext::BeginStream(const
QString&, MHStream*)':
mhi.cpp:857: error: cast from 'MHStream*' to 'unsigned int' loses precision
make[2]: *** [mhi.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.24.1/mythtv-0.24/libs/libmythtv'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.24.1/mythtv-0.24/libs'
make: *** [libs] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Kh8XLB (%build)

thanks

Dunc