[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 226d272eb by Lawrence Rust (no github username)

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 10:20:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 21:25 +0200, Warpme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to modify this patch that it disables tuning OSD only
> when MHED is used ?

This patch in itself doesn't disable the OSD tuning display but if you
use mythbuild.sh then that will download my patch set which includes
0045-TV-Disable-tuning-OSD-after-changing-channel-via-NET.patch
which does disable the OSD display during some tuning operations.  This
was done to make interactive TV browsing more seamless.

You can disable the OSD patch either by deleting it from
mythpatches-0.24/mythtv-0.24 or by changing the file extension to
something other than patch or diff.

> I'm asking as for me this patch causes starting LiveTV without any
> tuning info.
> My LiveTV starts sometimes 5-15sec

That seems a very long time, even over a slow network.  With very modest
h/w and a 20 Mbps powerline net link then I rarely see a delay of more
than a few seconds.

>  and during that time user sees black
> screen and it is difficult to determine is myth still in tune process or
> hangs (it happens when user have buggy DVB drivers). Observed reaction
> of non-familiar/new users is sometimes "O!, it hangs".

OK, I'll attempt to change the OSD patch so that it only affects
interactive TV tuning operations.

Thanks for your feedback.

> br

Lawrence