[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

treblid treblid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:53:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 08:54 +0800, treblid wrote:

>> > That worked (master), all the linking woes I had are gone now. Will
>> > try running it soon.
>> Release version can't start (0xc0000005) exception... Will do debug
>> build and try again.. :p
>
> Most likely cause in my experience is problems in settings.  It's v.
> important to start mythfrontend for the first time with a -p option and
> go through and inspect/verify/change all settings.  It's sometimes
> necessary to force Qt mode for UI drawing with:
> mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt
Everything fails it seems when doing release build, can't even get
help to show...

Noticed a quirk with the build script, if I do the cleaning process
above, and build a debug version it will fail. However, if I build a
release version first, then build a debug version, that seems to
work.. Is there a patch that's applied for release but not for debug?

ATM I have hacked QT to remove that QASSERT error about threads, and
so far so good.. It's working fine now AFAICT.

Will report back if I encounter any issues.

Thanks again for the script.

Regards
Tj