[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 17:01:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 21:45 +0800, treblid wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM, treblid <treblid at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Copied that dll over, and try to start
> > mythfrontend, but it errored out with 0xc0000005. :( (All exes seem to
> > error out with 0xc0000005). Yet to figure out what that error meant.
> Just an update. My linux VM (Mandriva 2010.2 32bit) updated itself
> overnight, and when I tried rebuilding (release build/master), there
> are now 3 missing dlls instead of one.
>
> The files are:  zlib1.dll, libpng-3.dll,

That doesn't look right at all.  zlib should be linked to statically,
libpng isn't built at all and libgcc_s_dw2-1 is something I've never
seen.  This build looks like it's mis-configured.

> however, when I tried running any myth exe, I get the same "The
> application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to
> close the application." error.
>
> Will try again building a debug version.. :p

If it helps I have put a Windows debug build of the latest master
(v0.25pre-799-g68fa6e8) here:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-w32-v0.25pre-799-g68fa6e8-dirty.zip

NB it's 340MB and may be a bit slow to download.  As stated earlier the
master branch currently doesn't play videos or livetv.  I will submit a
bug report and patch soon.

I have also updated the build script to fix some reported problems.  The
new version also supports native builds and simpler switching between
branches and debug/release builds.  You'll also need updated patches to
match the latest master and fixes/0.24 branches.  The new script and
patches can be downloaded from here:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild-110104.zip

You should start the build from a clean folder.  To avoid downloading
everything again copy the existing archives into the folder mythbuild
before running mythbuild.sh.

IMHO it's a lot faster & easier to cross compile and then test initially
with wine.  When happy 'git export' and build on Windows.  This script
may help with running Myth apps with wine:

http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/wine-myth

-- Lawrence