[mythtv] DXVA Support in MythTV

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:11:07 UTC 2011

On 23 February 2011 23:29, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 11:18 PM, Brian Fischer wrote:
>> Can anyone shed some light on the status of DXVA for Myth?  I would
>> really like to see what I could help with.
>
> I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing that the main thing holding it
> back, now, is time and--based on the frequency and complexity of commits
> from Mark Kendall--the sheer number of other things he needs to get
> done, first (much of which is low-level playback stuff, that's likely
> even important to the DXVA support).

Yes - time is always the limiting factor!

Brian

I've been working with Lawrence Rust to get his new windows build
script into trunk. As of yesterday I succeeded with a
cross-compilation on my main Ubuntu box (and it even runs in wine) but
have been having a couple of issues with a native compilation on
windows vista. I've just kicked that again and fingers crossed it will
work and I can get the script into master in the next day or so.

Once that is done the windows development process should be
significantly easier and faster. The first task is to work through
Lawrence's d3d9 related ticket on trac and then I'll start committing
some of the dxva2 support. Most of it is ready to go, though I still
have little idea what is causing the crashes that prevented it from
making it into 0.24.

When that is complete, the windows port *should* have decode
capabilities on a par with VDPAU (but supported on more hardware) and
I'll start looking at some point into adding the additional video
processing support (deinterlacing, color controls, scaling etc).

Lawrence has a number of other windows fixes and improvements in trac,
I have plans to add 'native' MCE remote support and there is very
early support and interest in adding BDA code (windows tuners and
hence potentially a windows backend).

regards

Mark