[mythtv] DXVA Support in MythTV

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 04:18:21 UTC 2011

Raymond,

I am running a Intel Core 2 Duo E4300  @ 1.80GHz with 4.0GB
Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz.  My recording devices are 4 ATSC tuners
and a single HD-PVR.  Unfortunately, the HD-PVR recordings are the
"preferred" shows to be viewed on the Windows system.

ATSC content works fine, but HD-PVR h.264 content causes the CPU to
peg and becomes choppy.  Thanks for the tip on bumping the bitrate
down.  However, I don't want to sacrifice the quality on my MacBook
Pro and three Linux frontends.  Thus, I would like to persue DXVA on a
Windows frontend.

Can anyone shed some light on the status of DXVA for Myth?  I would
really like to see what I could help with.

Regards,

Brian