[mythtv] Auto-detect UI painter

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 04:38:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:45, Rob Smith <kormoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
>> but if users can't
>> fallback to a workable situation when encountering problems then you're
>> going to lose support.
>
> As pointed out in the commit there is a command line flag to override
> this automatic behavior. They have a workable solution.

I'm all for progress, but my poor system is progress-challenged and
doesn't properly support OpenGL, apparently (Slackware Linux system,
GeForce4 440MX video)... when I try to start the frontend with the
latest master it just crashes X. Now, I am perfectly happy to use the
-O override to keep things running on my system, at least until I have
a chance to move into the 21st century... but it appears that
MythWelcome ignores the flag and continues to insist on trying to use
OpenGL.

Any chance of MythWelcome being updated to respect the flag, or am I
just using it wrong? :)

Thanks,
aaron