[mythtv] PCR in Video PID w/o payload indicator set is not recorded

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Feb 2 05:53:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 16:53 -0500, Sean Devine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to record CBS NY or Philadelphia with an HDHomeRun.  They
> transmit their PCR in the video pid, but it is sent in a packet with no
> payload.  Myth doesn't seem to record this and (understandably) giving
> some player software trouble during playback.

Can you identify a program on WCBS-DT that reliably has this
issue? If so I can reproduce the problem sometime next week
and hopefully come up with a fix quickly. It's been a while
since I looked at the code but the DVB recorder already has
some provision for recording self-contained PCR streams.
Either the common code doesn't handle this particular PCR
stream, or the HDHRRecorder isn't using the same code to handle
this as DVBRecorder.

-- Daniel