[mythtv] PCR in Video PID w/o payload indicator set is not recorded

Sean Devine sdevine at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 21:53:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to record CBS NY or Philadelphia with an HDHomeRun.  They
transmit their PCR in the video pid, but it is sent in a packet with no
payload.  Myth doesn't seem to record this and (understandably) giving
some player software trouble during playback.

I don't know the best way to fix this, but I tested my theory by pulling
a nightly package from MythBuntu and rebuilt it with mpegstreamdata.cpp
and hdhrrecorder.cpp ignoring the tspacket.HasPayload() (or
alternatively forcing the PCR pid to be added to the list of WritingPIDs).

This note seems to be identical to my problem:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/376873

Not sure where to go next with this - I can provide a small off-air
capture and a dvbsnoop dump if anyone wanted to fix this.

- Sean