[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] extras/master commit: 0eaaa8ca8 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo)

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:03:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl>wrote:

> Regarding note 18:
>
> +18) if you want to automatically start it...  I'm sure there's a way, I
> haven't
> +    figured that part out yet.
>
> Although I run the whole buildbot in a VirtualEnv I am able to run it as
> a service after using the process described here:
>
> http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/RunningBuildbotOnWindows

Yeah, I had done that before (a year and a half ago) for a couple other
projects, but it was painful so I hadn't gotten to it yet.

BTW is there a specific reason you are not using VirtualEnv and/or pip?
> It makes installing BuildBot pretty easy as you can just do things like
> this:
>
> \path\to\bb-ve\Scripts\activate.bat
> pip install buildbot
> pip install buildslave
> buildbot checkconfig master
> buildbot create master
> \path\to\bb-ve\Scripts\deactivate.bat

I've never heard of the VirtualEnv part.  I figured for now, it's easiest to
just install the stuff by hand, but yeah, using easy_install or other such
tools could make the buildbot install part simpler.  On my Linux boxes, I
use easy_install, but it seemed that it might be broken for mingw, or was...
 I just wanted it working in a relatively stable way.

I'm sure there will be easier ways to get it all installed :)  The
environment parts are fairly important though, but I could try moving that
into the wrapper script too.