[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 3fb861476 by Nicolas Riendeau (nriendeau)

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Aug 21 04:58:12 UTC 2011

On 8/20/2011 11:45 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM, MythTV<noreply at mythtv.org>  wrote:
>> Run the theme string extraction tool to merge the MythVideo strings back into core
>> and add the strings which were added since the last time it was run.
>>
>> Other commits will follow.
>
> A very public thanks to Nicholas for undoing my inadvertent breaking
> of the former MythVideo's translations.
>
> Robert

No problem Robert and no thanks were required, if I had to thank you
each time I had a reason to thank you for something you have done your
mailbox would be flooded... (-; (-;

The reason why it didn't work as intended is that two translation files
were involved, if this had been a reorganization of strings that were in
the same translation file it would have worked as you had expected.

If any translator is reading this steps are being taken so that the
translation work you have done on MythVideo will be merged back into the
MythFrontend translation file.

The merged translation files actually currently exist but we are making
sure everything is OK with them before I commit them.

A communication about this will soon be done on the translator's mailing
list. If any of you were currently working on their translations steps
will also be taken so that you don't lose what you have done.

I have thanks of my own to give to Kenni which is helping me making sure
everything is OK with the translations files and Nick Morrott for making
sure his translation status page will continue to work with master.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas