[mythtv] Advice on adding feature to mythtranscode

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Aug 10 12:52:46 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to add an option to mythttranscode where cutting
is achieved by decoding all video/audio and throwing away
the cut sections, rather than seeking. My patch is simple
and looks to work other than all the cuts are late by about
1 second, both late starting and stopping (as though mythplayer
is not returning the first 25 frames or so). Likelihood is that
I've screwed up somewhere, but I just thought it worth asking here
because it might be obvious to someone with deep knowledge of
mythplayer why that might happen.

I can post the patch if that helps, and explain the purpose of
the feature, but I thought I'd keep the initial post as small
as possible.

Cheers,
	Paul.