[mythtv] Unicable / Satellite Channel Router / DIN EN 50494 support for MythTV

Matthias Benesch twoof7 at freenet.de
Tue Apr 12 16:54:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have implemented the Unicable (DIN EN 50494) support for MythTV.

It is based on a Kernel Patch
(http://www.mythtvtalk.com/unicable-scr-din-en-50494-a-14103/), which
will not be included into the kernel. In addition I am using some bug
fixing from a VDR patch
http://www.vdr-portal.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadid=89731
<http://www.vdr-portal.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadid=89731>.

The .patch file will extend the DiSEqCDevLNB class only, to implement
the functional parts of the Unicable support.

The necessary configuration of the userband ID, userband frequency,
satellite position and PIN can be done within the mythtv-setup's "LNB
Configuration" with LNB Preset "Custom" and LNB Type "Unicable / SCR".
One open issue is the LNBSCRUserBandSetting inheriting from class
SpinBoxSetting, which can not be disabled by its setEnabled(false).

I know that the user interface for configuration is not yet perfect. But
I first like to get your feedback whether the functional parts of this
patch are acceptable, or whether it is better to add a new class
DiSEqCDevSCR inheriting directly from class DiSEqCDevDevice (like
DiSEqCDevSwitch, DiSEqCDevRotor and DiSEqCDevLNB).

The .sql file will add some columns to database "mythconverg" table
"diseqc_tree" to store the configuration parameters.

The patch was tested with a Inverto IDLB-QUDL41-UNI2L-1PP
(http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=160&cat=6
<http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=160&cat=6>).

Kind regards,
Matthias