[mythtv] HD-Only Recording Schedule Flag

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:05:57 UTC 2010

On 9/29/10 9:51 AM, Doug Haber wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> One feature that I've been wanting for a while is an "HD-Only" flag
> for recording schedules.  The idea is that if set it would tell the
> scheduler to only record shows that match the rule and program.hdtv ==
> 1.  I was thinking that it could be added as 128 to the record.dupin
> field so that no database changes would be needed and it would play
> nice with the other filters (no generics, etc).  I imagine it would
> require some work (update the scheduler, alter a number of screens,
> mythweb, etc) and so before I got started I was wondering if a patch
> to this effect would be likely to be accepted or if there was a reason
> that this feature didn't already exist.

In my personal experience, this method for detecting what is HD would
not work very well, since the listings coming from Schedules Direct are
often (probably >50%) incorrect with respect to HD. I'm not blaming SD;
it could very well be their provider that is wrong.

Since all of my HD content is OTA, what I end up doing is using the
"prefer tuner" setting to choose that tuner when I want a program to be
in HD.