[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26286 by jyavenard

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:38:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Colin Guthrie <mythtv at colin.guthr.ie>wrote:

> Perhaps but I thought it was a kernel patch. To be fair tho' I didn't
> check on Ubuntu, I just thought I'd previously discussed it with some
> Ubuntu audio folks.

Ahhh, well, I gave up on their kernels, I'd forgotten that point.  I'm using
a custom kernel for the hdpvr IR stuff.  I don't use Ubuntu patches.

> Do you definitely have an HDA card with the snd-hda-intel driver?

yes.

> Maybe they just didn't enable that patch. I'll ask the relevant folks
> and check back.

Not to worry.  I'm not using their patches, and that could be it.  Still, if
this IS an issue (which it seems to be), it's good to have it well known so
people can tweak their ALSA setup if necessary.