[mythtv] mythtv-setup storage groups

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 21:38:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM, gilles <choteau.gilles at orange.fr> wrote:
> hello
>
> in the setup, item 6 is "Storage Directories". For me, it's a mistake, this
> section define all the storage groups. So i propose to replace 6 by "Storage
> Groups".
> Now storage groups are very important in Mythtv

I think that "Storage Directories" is a more simple conceptual notion
for new users than "Storage Groups."  Storage Groups are what we
internally refer to them as, and there is an implied deeper
functionality to them, but the new user should *not* be subjected to
having to figure out what we mean.  Storage Directories is something
the average new user understands with no research.

> In the page of this section, the first line is " Storage groups (directories
> for new recordings)", but in this page, we can defined all the storage
> groups  for videos, banarts, ....
> We can replace by " Storage groups (directories for new recordings and
> others files)

We could probably change this, but since we are scrapping this code
anyway, it's not worth the time.

Robert