[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26111 - in trunk/mythtv by mdean

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:24:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> One thing I would like to see, is a sort of "zoom bubble" (a magnified view
> of the current position and one or both surrounding marks) to make it easier
> for the user to see whether to move the next/previous cut, since it can be
> difficult to tell whether you're before or after a cut in some cases.  Or
> perhaps someone with better UI skills could come up with a better approach
> for showing (and theming) the information.

I would love to see some sort of magnified view around the current
frame.  Not of adjacent marks, but rather a certain distance ahead of
and behind the current frame.  My editing session usually starts with
verify they are really at reasonable cut points by jumping back a
couple of seconds and then forward a couple more seconds.  If I had
such a magnified view, I could save all that extra jumping around.
I'm not sure whether the distance shown from the current frame should
be 1x the current jump distance, 2x, 0.5x, or what.

Jim